Price Includes: All equipment and wetsuit hire; flexible booking for lessons; and one year validity from the date of purchase.
$125 for 1.5 hour private lesson, $90 each for 2 students sharing 1 instructor
Includes all equipment and wetsuit hire. Flexible booking for lessons, one year validity from date of purchase.
Location: Woodman Point
- 1.5 hour lesson
The Intro Lesson is 1.5 hours long, and takes place at Woodman Point. This lesson will take you from having no knowledge of kiting, through to your first piloting and ‘body dragging‘ when in the water…
Students will have learnt the following by the end of the Intro Lesson:
- How to read the weather and choose a spot correctly
- Identifying hazards, both on water and on land
- Theory of the wind window and how it relates to kiting
- Rigging a kite and the various components
- How the three safety systems work on a kite and what to do in the event of a problem
- How to launch and land a kite for someone else
- How to pilot a kite and perform simple flying exercises in and out of the water
- Body dragging across the wind, and introduction to water relaunching
Everyone’s progression will be different and at no point will students be asked to perform anything beyond their abilities. The lesson plans are rough guides and will be affected by weather and student progression. You can always expect to leave the beach with a huge smile on your face, itching to get back out on the water and feel the power of the kite!
Students can choose to continue on with Group Lessons if they desire, as some students feel more confident in a group situation, and enjoy the added benefit of a reduced cost per person. If you’re not sure which option you should go with, please don’t hesitate to Contact us to discuss your kitesurfing journey with the PKS team.